Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Sweeties

Two of my little sweeties came over this morning for some Grandma time. We enjoyed some favorite Grandma toys, played hide and seek, and then enjoyed doing a project together. Last year I had seen a cute cookie idea in one of my magazines that I cut out and filed. Recently while looking through my recipes for Christmas baking, I came across it and knew right away who would enjoy making these cookies with me - two little elves who live down the street!

Joel and Silas worked so hard to carefully place marshmallows, red hots, and M & M's in just the right spots to create Santa's jolly face. No one knows just how many of those goodies ended up being popped into their mouths, but there were enough left over to complete a dozen cookies. Joel carefully counted out eight marshmallows for each of his cookies - just the right amount he thought he needed to make Santa's full beard.

Silas proudly displays one of his finished creations.

The boys definitely had a good time and look like jolly elves as they display their Santas. Below it looks like someone really enjoyed that red frosting!

4 comments:

Bibi Ronnie said...

How lucky you are to have your little elves right down the street. I would love to be able to make cookies with Anni. :( Glad Claire is finally home, too.

Roxanne said...

those pics are sooo sweet- i love the one of silas showing off his creation & of them both smiling- what a precious Christmas memory!!!

Unknown said...

how cute!!! it looks like you had so much fun!

Jorie said...

Thanks for the fun idea! They had a blast and polished off the cookies in no time. Mark and I even got to sample one or two! Yummy... :)