Tuesday, August 24, 2010

They're Growing Up

I'm so happy that more new grandchildren continue to arrive - the youngest three are Joshua, who just turned a year old; Evangeline (Evy) who is now 8 months; and our new little Emma, just five days old. Then comes Claire (21 months), Annikah who turns 4 next week; and Silas, already 4 1/2. Each one is unique, and with each age come new discoveries - all so wonderful to see and to be a part of. But knowing new babies have continued to be born to our family especially makes me happy because Joel, the oldest, is growing up too quickly!! Today was his first day of kindergarten - full day kindergarten! It's strange to think that he won't be home or coming to Grandma's house during the day anymore - at least not during the week.
We recently enjoyed having Joel over for dinner and a sleepover. It's fun to see him starting to enjoy more varieties of foods and activities. He helped me put together a Taco Ring (Pampered Chef!) for dinner, and he enjoyed eating it as much as he did preparing it! Then Grandpa and I took him miniature golfing for his first time. He was a natural with the club - I only beat him by one point (of course Grandpa beat both of us by many points)!


Anyway, with Joel officially starting elementary school, I wanted to give him something special; and I know that kindergarten has a rest time every day. Most of the kids bring a beach towel or something similar to rest on, but I thought Joel might like his own comfy fleece blanket. He went to the fabric store with me a week or so ago and picked out this dinosaur print. We decided on yellow (his favorite color) for the contrasting side. I brought it to a local embroidery place to have his name sewn on to make it truly his, and then put it all together yesterday, just in time for his first day of school. Here is our kindergartner proudly displaying his rest time blanket!


We are so proud of Joel - he is a great role model for all of his siblings and cousins. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes his "teacher's pet" before long!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

what a cute rest blanket Bibi Rho- you are awesome!!