Friday, June 18, 2010

Claire's Turn

Last Sunday it was Claire's turn for a sleepover at Grammy and Babu's house. Annie and Justin have lots of house projects to complete before the arrival of Baby Girl Shoe #2, and had planned to use Monday as a workday. So Claire stayed with us Sunday night and most of Monday.


She is always asking for "num-num" and I just happened to have a bag of Twizzlers in the pantry - one of my favorite yummy-nummy treats, so she found a new num-num that she LOVED. The only problem was that she wasn't too interested in eating her breakfast or lunch on Monday, but always had room for a Twizzler!


We've had tons of rain lately - seems like it rains every day! But it did stop raining for a couple of hours on Monday - long enough for me to take Claire to Bever Park where they have Old McDonald's Farm. Claire is at the age where she loves animals, so I had really hoped to take her there. She was entranced - she saw the prairie dogs, chickens, goats, donkey, calves, pigs, and lots and lots of different types of ducks.

They have these little animal deals the kids can sit on and rock back and forth. Claire knew instantly what to do - was rocking away. It was hilarious -but that little monkey REFUSED to look at me so that I could get a good picture. I kept calling her name and when she saw the camera she would turn her head.


I finally got a close-up of her face, but this was the best I could do. I need one of those cameras that takes several pictures seconds apart to catch a really good pose.


Claire really loved watching the ducks swim and splash. I'm looking forward to going with Claire soon to Niabi zoo where she can see lots more animals!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks, mom! claire loves spending time with her grammy and babu! :)