Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Cabin Vacation


Joel and Silas have been so excited about their first trip to Uncle John's cabin in Three Lakes, WI. The cabin has been in our family for more than 40 years. My parents bought it when I was in high school and 20 or so years later my brother-in-law, John Willis, took ownership. It has been a wonderful retreat for many family members.


Joel and Silas spent the afternoon with me on Tuesday, so I read them my special book
Up North at the Cabin. It is actually a book about a cabin up north in Minnesota, but so many of the illustrations and events in the book are exactly like Uncle John's cabin in Wisconsin. After reading the book the boys enjoyed making log cabin pictures out of pretzels. Here they proudly display their work. I thought they did a great job!

Their plan was to leave this afternoon, and Joel is excited that he will wake up at the cabin on his 6th birthday!

No comments: