Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Who Will You Be?

When I "retired" from teaching in 2008 Jim gave me a book written by Maria Shriver called Just Who Will You Be? a sweet book about becoming the person you want to be during the next phase of one's life. I pretty much thought I'd just concentrate on being a grandma, and didn't care about a new "career" or huge life-change. But when Annikah was here she saw things differently. I brought her downstairs one day to choose some new books to read from my children's library. I explained that I have so many children's books because I used to be a teacher. She thought for a minute and then asked me, "Bibi, are you a baker now?" I guess that was a pretty good observation because during the time her family was with us I baked cookies, two cakes, a pie, and prepared lots of meals in my kitchen. In her eyes that was what I do most of the time, so that must be my new job or calling in life! So precious!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Bibi is a GREAT baker too!!

Jorie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jorie said...

I second that! We love your baked goods. Mmm.. that chocolate cake!