Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's and Easter Eggs

My day with the boys began with them playing some cute April Fool's jokes on me. I was finishing up removing my nail polish at the kitchen counter. Joel said to me,
Grandma, just keep doing what you're doing; we'll be right back." They headed down the basement together. I wasn't sure what they were into down there, but I do keep several of their toys in the basement, so I assumed they were just looking for something to play with. Soon they came upstairs and Joel reminded me again, not to look, but to just keep working on my nails. After a few minutes he shouted, "Grandma, there's some huge spiders in your house," so I jumped up, and sure enough, there were three LARGE black (plastic) spiders on my carpet. After I expressed fear and shock, Joel shouted "April Fool!" Then Silas (who has been the process of potty training for several months now - has mastered peeing in the toilet, but still prefers to "poop" in his diaper) ran up to me and said "Sorry, Grandma, but I pooped in my big boy pants!" He KNOWS this would not please me. I said, "Oh, no! You did??" to which he smiled and replied, "No, April Fools!" So, so cute. Later he told me Mommy gaved him the idea before they arrived, but he remembered it on his own, and certainly pulled it off without a hitch.
Our special activity today was dyeing Easter eggs. The boys loved this and did an awesome job being patient while I set things up, and following my directions. We had no broken eggs, arguing over colors or tools to use, or any other scenarios one might expect doing such an activity with 4 1/2 and 3 year old boys. They were SO GOOD, and their eggs turned out very well.

The first ones were done with regular dye.


Then we tried decorating with paint and glitter. Silas was a very careful painter.

Joel concentrates as he adds blue to the pink he already painted on.

The boys proudly display their finished products.





2 comments:

Jorie said...

They are so blessed to have such a fun, creative Grandma who loves to do special activities with them. They're so proud of their fancy eggs. Great photos!!!! I wondered how the April Fools' jokes turned out... they've been playing jokes on me all day!! :)

Roxanne said...

The boys are HILARIOUS! I love that they did the APrils fools jokes, they are so cute. WHat fun Easter crafts. Anni started her calendar and asks several times a day "Mama, a 'nother sticker now?" SHe loves it!
oh, i answered yor questions on m blog:)