Friday, March 13, 2009

The Eye of the Beholder . . .

I have the sweetest grandsons. They always greet me with "Grandma!!" in a super-animated voice, and most times the greeting is accompanied by a kiss or hug. Even if it's only been a few hours or only one day in between times together, the greeting is equally exhuberant. They just seem to think I am wonderful, and of course, that's fine with me!

And they say the cutest things. I have to mention a quote from Joel said last Monday. He and Silas had spent a fun morning with me. When Jorie picked them up, and Joel (4 1/2) was on his way out the door, he said "Goodbye, my beauty!" Followed by, "You know why I said that Grandma? Because I think you're beautiful." Well, I'm sure that any beauty I may have once had is quite fleeting, but in the eyes of an innocent child, that meant the world to me.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Joel is THE SWEETEST...the girls better watch out!!!love that story!

Unknown said...

Joel IS the sweetest. I love how he just came up with that on his own. :)

E. Chloe Lauer said...

What a sweet story!